Looking to make toast in the air fryer? This Air Fryer toast recipe is super simple and easy to follow. I have also included some optional information to create a flavorful crostini or croutons with olive oil and garlic.
We are bread people in my home. And one of bread's most perfect iterations has to be toast. Sourdough, rye, Italian bread, baguette - we love it all.
Often, I'll simplify breakfast by making toast in the air fryer, as ours lives on the counter (and our toasted does not).
All you really need to do is toss two pieces of bread in the air fryer, turn it on for a few minutes, and then serve. I made sure to test this recipe with several varieties of bread and all came out crispy and golden at the edges.
You can also go a step further and add olive oil and fresh garlic to your toast to create a delicious base for an appetizer or a wonderful crouton.
What You'll Need
Two Cloves Kitchen, as an Amazon Affiliate, makes a small percentage from qualified sales made through affiliate links at no cost to you.
- Sliced Bread Any variety you choose will work here.
- Olive Oil (Optional) This olive oil is my favorite.
- Garlic (Optional) Fresh garlic is fantastic, but a tiny bit of garlic powder would work too.
- Kosher Salt (Optional) This is the best kosher salt, in my opinion.
How to Make Air Fryer Toast
Step One Optional: Spray or brush your bread with olive oil.
Step Two Place in the air fryer basket. Cook for 3 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step Two Optional: rub a clove of fresh garlic on the toasted bread and sprinke with salt for a delicious crostini base. You can also cut into cubes for croutons.
Crostini Spray or brush the bread with olive oil prior to adding to the air fryer and rub with a clove of raw garlic once the toast is finished. Use this with bruschetta, soft cheese, or various dips.
Croutons Follow the crostini directions above, then chop your finished toast into cubes and add to your favorite salad.
Dried Herbs Try adding some Italian seasoning or other dried spices to your finished toast. This is a delicious addition to the crouton idea above.
It does! Every type of bread we tried came out perfectly.
You can. Toast will stay good for up to 3 months. However, it is quite easy to just cook when ready, so I would recommend that approach.
For darker toast, try an additional 30 seconds to one minute in the air fryer. For lighter toast, only cook for 2 minutes and see if it produces the color you prefer.
- Use only as many pieces of bread as will fit in an even layer in the base of your air fryer.
How to Store
I prefer to store bread in the refrigerator before toasting because it lasts longer.
You can freeze both toast and bread for up to 3 months in the freezer. However, it takes only a few minutes to make the toast from fresh bread and the texture will be much better!
I do not recommend storing toast in the fridge for more than a day, as it will lose its texture.
How to Make a Meal
Here are some great ideas for using your air fryer toast:
Sandwiches Fry up an Italian Chicken Cutlet and enjoy between two pieces of toast.
Breakfast Serve alongside a Leek and Squash Quiche or Chilli Scrambled Eggs, some Crispy Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, and Air Fryer Tomatoes for an impressive breakfast or brunch spread. Looking for a sweet addition? Try these Raspberry French Toast Roll-ups.
Crostini Make crostini by brushing the bread with olive oil before toasting, then rub a clove of fresh garlic on the toast, and top with bruschetta, or dip in Almond Pesto and top with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine.
Soups and Stews Serve with your favorite soups and stews, like this Gumbo Recipe or this Instant Pot Chicken Stew.
Croutons Use the crostini directions above, then cut your bread into bite-sized cubes and add to top your favorite salad or soup, like this American Goulash.
Recipes You'll Love
Try these other amazing Air Fryer dishes:
Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
Air Fryer Toast
- 2 pieces sliced bread any variety
- olive oil spray or about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to brush on the toast
- 1 clove garlic small, skin removed
- kosher salt to taste
- Place two pieces of bread in the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes.
- Brush or spray with olive oil prior to placing in the air fryer. Once done, rub with the fresh garlic clove.
- Follow the directions for crostini above, then cut into cubes and use over your favorite salad or soup.
- Calories are for 1 slice of white bread. Check your packaging for more accurate information.
- You can make as many slices of toast as you'd like, but only toast as many as will fit in the base of the air fryer in one layer per batch.
- You can freeze both toast and bread for up to 3 months in the freezer. However, it takes only a few minutes to make the toast from fresh bread and the texture will be much better!
- I do not recommend storing toast in the fridge for more than a day, as it will lose its texture.
Easy homemade crostini and croutons? Sign me right up! The simple olive oil and garlic flavors are so good.
Yay! So glad you enjoyed this, Dana.
Journa Liz Ramirez says
This is a time saver recipe! A must-try!
Thanks for this! I brushed ours with a little butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Then when they were done, we popped a fried egg in between for a quick and easy breakfast sandwich! Thanks for the great idea!
Fantastic idea! I'll be making that right away...