For a quick and easy breakfast, try this crispy and creamy turkey egg and cheese sandwich. It combines savory turkey and perfectly cooked eggs with the richness of melted cheese on a toasted English muffin.
Why You'll Love this Turkey Egg Sandwich
This turkey egg and cheese breakfast sandwich is one of my favorites. They are quick, easy to make, and incredibly flavorful, making them a perfect breakfast option for weekday mornings (but tasty enough for a Sunday brunch).
With gooey, rich melted cheese, soft scrambled eggs, and savory thick-cut turkey breast on a crisp toasted English muffin, every bite of this sandwich is comforting and delicious.
Turkey is also a healthy choice over something like bacon or sausage. It adds a good source of lean protein to the sandwich that'll keep you full for longer. So fuel up for your day with one of these delicious sandwiches!
What You'll Need
Two Cloves Kitchen, as an Amazon Affiliate, makes a small percentage from qualified sales made through affiliate links at no cost to you.
- Eggs I used large eggs for this sandwich.
- Turkey A thick-cut turkey is excellent here, but use what you have on hand. If you have leftover turkey from a holiday bird, that would be amazing.
- Cheese I used aged cheddar here. You can use any good melting cheese you have.
- English Muffins This can be swapped out for a bagel or your favorite bread.
- Kosher Salt
How to Make The Turkey and Egg Sandwich
Step One First, split your English muffin. Toast and butter each side of the muffin.
Step Two Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add butter to the pan.
Step Three Whisk the eggs together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Step Four Once the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs to the pan and use a rubber spatula to gently move them around the pan. This Chilli Eggs post has a video that shows the proper technique.
Step Five Continue this process until you see curds forming in the eggs.
Step Six When the eggs are still a bit runny, remove them from the heat. Taste for seasoning. If needed, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step Seven Add the turkey to one half of the English muffin.
Step Eight Then place the eggs over top of the turkey.
Step Nine Place the cheese directly on top of the hot eggs to melt it.
Step Ten Top with the remaining half English muffin and serve!
Variations and Substitutions
- You can use any good melting cheese here. I used an aged cheddar, but try jack cheese, mozzarella, Swiss, or American - whatever you have on hand or sounds good!
- Add some extras to make this sandwich exciting. I love a bit of salsa, like this Serrano Salsa, or a touch of hot sauce, like this Pineapple Habanero Sauce, to give the sandwich an acidic, spicy kick. For something a little creamy, try this Chipotle Southwest Sauce!
- If you aren't into heat but want something to break up the richness here, try adding some greens, like a handful of spring mix, or a slice of tomato. If you like pickled vegetables on your sandwich, try these quick Mixed Pickles!
- You can also swap the English muffins for your favorite bread! This is great on sourdough, wheat, white, or rye bread. Bagels are also a nice option.
- A fried egg can also be used instead of scrambled eggs, if you prefer!
Storage and Reheating
Fridge Any leftover turkey egg and cheese sandwiches can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. They can be stored either in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap or reusable food wraps.
Freezer I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Reheating To reheat sandwiches, place on a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Cheddar, jack, gouda, Swiss, American, and mozzarella are all excellent options for turkey sandwiches. For this particular recipe, you'll want a cheese that melts well.
Anything that brings some bright, acidic flavor complements the richness of an egg sandwich. I recommend options like hot sauce, aioli, or even a nice mustard.
This turkey egg and cheese sandwich has 635 calories. For full nutritional information, check the recipe card below.
How to Serve
Here are some more easy recipes that are fantastic to serve alongside your sandwich.
These Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes are crispy and delicious.
Fruit is a favorite in our house. This Thanksgiving Fruit Salad is fantastic year-round. With fresh fruit, pecans, and a delicious honey vinaigrette, this recipe is a winner.
- Watch the video in this Chilli Scrambled Eggs post for perfectly light, fluffy scrambled eggs! You'll want to move slowly and with fewer motions for scrambled eggs with large curds, and faster with consistent movements for smaller curds.
- Making this sandwich near Thanksgiving? Grab a slice of leftover turkey and a scoop of cranberry sauce for your sandwich.
- If your cheese isn't melting well, try popping the sandwich in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds, or into the oven on low heat for a few minutes.
More Sandwiches to Try
Turkey Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- First, split your English muffin. Toast and then butter each side of the muffin.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add butter to the pan.
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the butter has melted, add the whisked eggs to the pan and use a rubber spatula to gently move them around the pan. This Chilli Eggs post has a video that shows the proper technique.
- Continue this process until you see curds forming in the eggs.
- When the eggs are still a bit runny, remove them from the heat.
- Add the turkey to one half of the English muffin, then place the eggs over top of the turkey. Place the cheese directly on top of the hot eggs to melt it.
- Top with remaining half English muffin and serve!
- If you have any difficulty with the cheese melting from the heat of the eggs, pop the whole sandwich in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds to melt it.
- This sandwich is great with hot sauce, salsa, or another bright and spicy condiment.
- Try adding a handful of greens or a slice of tomato to this sandwich.
- You can swap the English muffins for your favorite bread, a bagel, or a croissant.
- Fridge Any leftover turkey egg and cheese sandwiches can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. They can be stored either in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap or reusable food wraps.
- Freezer I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
- Reheating To reheat sandwiches, place on a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.